Maître de conférences
Bureau F406 · Téléphone 81 35
Caroline Rizza, PhD, is an Associate Professor in Information and Communication Sciences since 2005, working in the Economic and Social Sciences Department of Télécom Paristech (Paris, France). She is currently a member of the laboratory I3 (Interdisciplinary Institute on Innovation) UMR 9217 – CNRS at Telecom ParisTech.
While she was a PhD student (2001-2005) she conducted research-action in the field of Information and Communication Technologies in Higher Education at the Université de la Méditerranée Aix-Marseille II as a grandholder (successively French “ATER” and “research engineer”). From 2008 to 2010, she worked with the OECD as an independent expert for the international “New Millennium Learners” project for the axes “ICT in initial teacher training” and “digital strategy in Higher Education”.
From March 2010 to December 2013, she worked at the Joint Research Centre of the European Commission (Ispra, Italy) where she led the research project “Ethics of Social Networks”. Since then, her research and interests have been focusing on the ethical, legal and social issues raised by emergent technologies in specific situations such as interpersonal relations, crisis or emergency situations, ICT design (e.g. “privacy by design”, “ethics-by-design”, “responsible research and innovation”) and by special needs users (e.g. teenagers, elderly, disabled people).
She is a member of:
- The Chaire “Value and policy of personal data” – Institut Mines-Telecom
- The working group on “Responsible Innovation in ICTs” of the Observatory for Responsible Innovation – I3 Mines ParisTech
- The working Group on “Social Network and risks” – Association Française pour la prévention des catastrophes naturelles.
Caroline Rizza is also the editorial secretary of the journal Distance and Mediation of Knowledge, labelled by the French Evaluation Agency for Research and Higher Education.
She had produced numerous publications in the field of ICT in Education and more recently in STS and IT Ethics among which papers in journals, contributions to books, entries in Encyclopaedia, publications in conference proceedings, EU scientific and policy reports, OECD working papers.
She also owns two patents (10% respectively):
– OASIF V2 (a supporting tool for the design of distance learning’s didactical scenarios) IDDN.FR.001.010007.000.S.A.2011.000.20000, and
– AMARANTE (a distance learning platform) IDDN.FR.001.110045000.S.P.2009.000.20000